Recent Updates to the Contract Portal
- September 18th, 2020
- in News
On September 14, 2020, Contract Management launched its updated Procurement Contract Portal.This is a brief overview of those changes and how they might impact both end users and approving departments:
- The end user will now be responsible for submitting many of the documents and forms necessary for processing at the time of contract submission.
- Obtaining this information in advance should decrease overall processing time and help prevent bottlenecks.
Depending on the type of contract the following documents may be required at the time the contract is uploaded into the system. An explanation has been included for the forms that have yielded the most questions:
- Independent Contractor Form
- Purchase Payment Request Form
- Software/IT Form
- Sole Source Justification Letter
- Sponsorship Approval: Must be reviewed by the Director of Accounts Payable prior to its submission. Please include the approval email from Accounts Payable.
- Strategic Communications Approval: Applying to both advertising and sponsorship agreements this is also something as simple as an email confirming that Strategic Communications has reviewed and verified the requested contract is budgeted or otherwise ok to proceed. (This is not to be confused with the Brand Approval Form that is submitted to Strategic Communications for review after the contract’s execution.)
- Vendor Disclosure Statement: A copy of which may be obtained by the end user from the vendor.
Detailed training videos and a written user’s guide will follow in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Contract Management at 205-348-7840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.