Before engaging an outside vendor, departments should ensure that the product or services cannot be acquired through internal resources. To assist with hardware, software and computer system purchases, the Hardware Software Acquisition Form should be completed first. This will also ensure there are adequate resources to support the project.
When a contract is received, the following steps should be followed:
- Ensure that the contract is legible with a clear signature block. All referenced and controlling documents should be attached for review. This includes, but is not limited to, terms and conditions, attachments, order forms, appendices, additional terms referenced within a document by URL.
- Submit the contract to the Contract Administrator in Procurement Services.
- The contract will be reviewed with necessary changes made while consulting with University counsel as needed.
- Be prepared to answer any questions that may arise in reference to the contract while it is under review.
- Once the contract is returned to you, send it back to the other party.
- If revisions or additional comments are made to any of the changes, please notify the Contract Administrator who will work through the contract negotiations involving University Counsel as needed.
- Once the agreement is fully-executed, maintain a copy for your records and send a copy to the Contract Administrator.
- Create a requisition, if applicable , to generate a purchase order to accompany the contract.
- Review and monitor the services being provided and maintain adequate records of the services.
- Ensure that the services have been performed satisfactorily before submitting invoices for payment.